Mr Tom de Waard
Tom de Waard started as a practicing lawyer with Stibbe in 1971 and became a partner in 1979. After practising corporate law at Stibbe for 29 years, 5 of which he spent in New York, he became a partner in the corporate section at Clifford Chance in 2000. He represented industrial companies and financial institutions in important acquisitions, public bids, capital market transactions and corporate litigation and arbitrations. In 2011 Tom joined DeWaardSinke with a specialized law practice in corporate law, corporate litigation and arbitration.
Tom was the Dean of the Dutch Bar Association (Nederlandse Orde van Advocaten) from 1993 to 1995. He was also the chair of the Board of the Amsterdam office of Stibbe until 2000. He was the Managing Partner at Clifford Chance in the Netherlands between 2002 and 2005, and from 2005 to 2007 he represented Continental Europe on the firm's Global Management Committee.
- Tom chairs the Supervisory Board of BE Semiconductor Industries N.V. (BESI) and is a member of BESI's Audit Committee and Remuneration Committee.
- Tom is a member of the Supervisory Board of CWT Europe B.V.
- Tom is an Executive Director of the Board of Nexperia Holding B.V.
- Tom is the chairman of the Board of the Share Administration Office of Telegraaf Media Groep N.V.
- Tom is the Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Fortuna Entertainment Group N.V.
- Tom is a Non-Executive Director of the Board of XSens Holding B.V.
Tom is an arbitrator on the panel of the Netherlands Arbitration Institute (NAI), of the Kuala Lumpur regional Centre of Arbitration and of the Singapore Arbitration Institute.
Selected Key matters
- mCube on acquisition of Xsense
- Harbour BioMed on acquisition of Harbour Antibodies
- Management and Workers on acquisition of Panteia B.V. from Stichting Panteia
- MC Groep on acquisition of Slotervaart
- Barclays on public bid of ABN AMRO
- APG and PGGM on sale of Alpinvest to The Carlyle Group
- Reliant acquisition UNA (Houston Industries)
- Reliant on Divestiture of UNA to Nuon
- NEA (SEP) on Divestiture of deep-sea link between Norway and the Netherlands to Tennet and Statnet
- CapGemini on acquisition of Getronics
- OXXIO on the acquisition of its shares
- Priority Telecom on IPO on Euronext Amsterdam
- KKR acquisition of Vendex
- Lyondell Basel emergence from chapter 11 and completion of restructuring of the Lyondell Basel Group
- Endemol Entertainment Holding N.V. on IPO
- Van Ommeren NV on merger with Royal Pakkoed N.V. (VOPAK)
- Ballast Nedam on acquisition by Hochtief
- KNP on merger with Bührmann-Tetterode and VRG
- AMRO on merger with ABN
- Centrafarm Group NV on acquisition by Warburg Pincus
- Scotts Branche Mine on acquisition by MAPCO Inc.